God’s Word takes on many different forms in order to equip the student with needed resources. God is interested in our productivity and completion. His Word “throughly furnishe[s] [us] unto all good works” (2 Timothy 3:17). Developmental stages of growth demand various forms of the Word. God has provided every needed form for us.
- Water Form – For initial and continual cleansing and purification (John 15:3; Ephesians 5:26).
- Light Form – Provides illumination for unbeliever and believer alike (Psalm 119:105, 130).
- Meat Form – For mature Christians; produces spirituality (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; Hebrews 5:12-14).
- Sword Form – Serves as a weapon in spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12).
- Milk Form – Produces growth for babes in Christ. It is to be used temporarily in this form (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; Hebrews 5:12-14; 1 Peter 2:2).
- Seed Form – Reproductive powers live within the Word (Psalms 126:6; Luke 8:11; 1 Peter 1:23).